With the Fourth of July tomorrow, it is time to remember the importance of firework safety. If used properly, fireworks are great fun. However, if they are used in an inappropriate manner, they can wreck havoc on your life. Fireworks are very dangerous. 200 people, on average, go to the emergency room every day because of fireworks in the month surrounding the Fourth of July.
To enjoy fireworks in a safe manner, you should:
- Use legal fireworks.
- Light fireworks one at a time.
- Move away quickly after lighting fireworks.
- Keep a bucket of water or a garden hose handy in case of fire or other mishap.
- Never try to re-light or pick up fireworks that have not fully igmoted.
- Never allow children to play with or ignite fireworks.